- This event has passed.
January 5, 2019 @ 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sri Vaikuntha Ekadasi Celebrations – January 12, 2022
Vaikuntha Ekadasi will be celebrated on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at Sanatan Hindu Cultural Society. Vaikuntha Ekadasi is one of the most important and auspicious days for Hindus. On this day, the Vaikuntha Dwaram ‘The Gates of Vaikuntha’ are believed to be kept open. Devotees will have the opportunity to have Vaikuntha Darshanam of Lord Venkateswara and Consorts.
Vaikunta Dwara Pravesam Timings: 9:00AM to 8:30PM
Regular Darshan /Archana Seva:
Morning Seva Timings: 6:00AM to 10:00AM
Afternoon Seva Timings: 1:00PM to 3:30PM
Evening Seva Timings: 6:30PM to 9PM
Archana Sankalpam: C$25/Family
Sampoorna Seva/Udaya Asthamana Seva (includes all Sevas for the day) Sankalpam: C$100/Family
Morning Seva timings: 10:00AM to 1:00PM
Evening Seva timings: 3:30PM to 6:30PM
Prathyeka Seva Sankalpam: C$300 / Family
Prathyeka Seva Details:
- Each Seva Kartha will get the opportunity to perform the seva in exclusivity with his/her family members for 10-15 minutes.
- The Seva Karthas and their family will need to be present at the temple 5 mins before their allocated time for performing this seva.
- All the Seva Karthas and their extended family members (up to a maximum of 8 persons) will be seated in the reserved area right in front of the main deity
- As part of this seva, Raghuram Bhattar Swamin will be doing Sankalpam for the Seva Karthas and their family.
- Astadalapadma Pada Seva (108 petals silver flower archana) will be performed for the Seva Karthas
- The Seva Karthas and their family members will be handed down 108 – silver flowers which they will pass on back to Raghuram Bhattar Swamin as he performs the Archana.
- After the Archana is completed, Raghuram Bhattar Swamin will offer Mangalarti and Thirtha prasadam to the Seva Karthas and their family. Bahumanam will also be presented to the Seva Karthas.
- The Seva karthas can then take pradashikina and go thru Swargha Vasal / Door and exit the facility. It is recommended that after passing through Swargha Vasal, devotees refrain from re-entering.
- All devotees entering the temple premises need to ensure that they don’t have any symptoms of flu, Cold, Cough.
- All devotees and family members need to be fully vaccinated. They may be required by the management to provide proof of vaccination.
- All devotees are required to ensure that they follow all the COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Every devotee and family member is required to have face covering / mask to ensure that his/her mouth and nose is fully covered.
- Parents need to make sure that their small children are with them and take care of their face coverings / mask requirements.
- It is the devotees’ personal responsibility to take care of their belongings. The temple management will not be responsible for any loss / theft while in temple premises.
- Limited Slots for parking are available inside the temple complex. In addition, plenty of street parking (free for 2 hrs) is available.
- Darshan is by appointment only due to capacity limitations imposed by Covid-19 restrictions. Devotees wishing to visit the temple are requested to make reservations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Devotees are requested to offer only fruits/dry fruits as Prasadam.
- Prasadam will be distributed to devotees in take-away containers and not to be consumed within the temple premises.
The performance of all sevas on Vaikunta Ekadasi as confirmed is subject to change as required by the Alberta COVID19 Restrictions in force at that time.
Rules and Regulations to be mandatorily followed as per the Alberta, Calgary, and AHS rules. Physical Distancing and wearing of Masks are Mandatory.
Please join us with family and friends in this grand celebration
<span style=”color: white;”><strong>A number of regular monthly events such as weekly archanais, abhishekams and group chants, Satyanarayana pooja, Sankashtahara Chathurthi etc. along with special festivals/events are organized at the facility throughout the month. Devotees desirous of learning about the events at the facility each month can obtain the details from the Events Calender posted below:</strong></span>